This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
My birthday was Saturday! And instead of New Year’s Resolutions, I prefer to make goals/resolutions/ect. around my birthday.
New age, new me. Or something along those lines.
I’m really enjoying reading other blogger’s weekly goals posts so I’d figured I’d join on in!
I’m not even going to post my goals from last week…all you need to know is that I failed in pretty much all of them. But that’s fine with me. I’m beginning to learn that it’s simply unrealistic for me to make giant to-do lists all the time. I get way too overwhelmed with them and frustrate myself when things don’t go as planned.
So, I’m going to try it this way, with a shorter, more attainable list.
Keeping the knowledge that things do not always go as planned and that’s ok.
Repeat: Things Do Not Always Go As Planned. It’s OK!
I need that reminder daily. Or hourly…
My goals for this week:
- Do the crafts in the subscription box my daughter received in the mail. I ordered the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle for myself a few weeks ago and it came with a free trial of a kid’s craft subscription box. So far, we are enjoying it a lot!
- Continue with the “Learning to Read” lessons. I ordered a book called “Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons”. We’ve done a few lessons so far and it’s going pretty good!
- Take her for a Mommy/Daughter date. I think we are both in desperate need of some mommy/daughter chill out time. I’m think nail salon. Or ice cream. You can never go wrong with ice cream.
- Decide on a preschool home school curriculum for next year. I’m leaning towards the Easy Peasy Homeschool but I’m not sure. It just seems too…easy. Has anyone tried this and had success with it?
- Declutter one of the areas on my list. I’m in the process of purging my home of all the “stuff”. Instead of getting overwhelmed, I made a detailed list of each area. (1 drawer or cabinet is an “area”, ect.).
- Finish the books I’m currently reading. Preferably before starting any new ones. (I’m only in the middle of about seven at the moment)
- Exercise….easing into this one. I’m thinking kids yoga counts as a workout. Right? If you say no, I dare you to try to attempt some of their moves. It’s hard to get back up! Not that I got stuck on the floor with a four year helping me back on my feet or anything. Nope. That didn’t happen at all.
- Adjust to the latest thyroid medication adjustment. Fun Fun.
- Find the Stop the Thyroid Madness book and order it. Why can’t I find it at any store? I guess this is a book you have to specially order.
- Write three posts.
- Research website designers to work with in the future. I’m open to any recommendations.
- Write two book reviews. I’m really enjoying the opportunity to work with different authors and review their books.
- Write a product review.
How about you? Do you have any goals this week that you are working on?