This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
The other day a very strange thing happened. My adorable daughter started to sparkle. What happened to her? More specifically, what happened to her feet?
Glitter and children don’t mix well. My house will sparkle for months now. pic.twitter.com/AOIRC3CsRW
— Adventures In Frugal (@maryaifl) June 15, 2015
She found the glitter.
Glitter has been banned from my house for obvious reasons. Somehow, it managed to sneak its way back in. While my back was turned, my daughter decided that she was going to do arts and crafts.
If you never had the experience of dealing with glitter, let me explain something to you. It multiplies. You can clean it up and it comes back. It’s an infestation of sparkles. One that will never go away. Once you have glitter in your home, it doesn’t ever leave.
I thought about how to handle it. I admit, my first thought was one of frustration. Seriously, glitter is a pain to try to clean up. Then, I thought of how proud she was of her artwork (which is pretty amazing) and of how sparkly it was.
So, I decided that I was going to enjoy the glitter.
To find the humor in the fact that my family will sparkle for months.
Hey, at least I can say that my house sparkles!