This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Do your children do chores?
All too often, I hear parents complain about how hard it is to keep their house clean with children running around.
The common theme I’ve found is the parents were trying to do everything themselves.
Let me tell you a secret:
Kid’s can (and want) to help you!
Think about it, they make the mess, they can help you clean it up. Leaving you with more time to play or pursue other interests.
There are many great, helpful lists I’ve found (Mostly on Pinterest!) about children and chores.
I began compiling a list of what my 4 year old daughter does to help me around the house.
20 Chores A 4 Year Old Can Do:
- Gathering laundry
- Folding and putting away clean clothes
- Feed and water animals
- Clean sinks (With a vinegar solution so there’s no harsh chemicals)
- Wipe down cabinets
- Clean shower (Once again, a vinegar solution)
- Remove trash from car
- Wipe down baseboards
- Sort laundry
- Clean Windows
- Watering Flowers
- Clean own room (This one is a bit of a fight!)
- Make bed
- Put away silverware/dishes
- Mop (Steam mops are awesome!)
- Wiping off tables/counters
- Clearing off tables/counters
- Removing the junk that collects under furniture
And yes, sometimes I have to fight the urge not to re-do it when it’s not perfect.
Being the list maker I am, I’m intrigued by this chore chart idea:
Do you have any other ideas?